Saturday, May 14, 2011

B-Line Designs - Color Throw Down 141



I adore working with B Line Designs stamps... They have such detail and interesting subject matter. I used this wonderful image to create a romantic card using the colors from the current challenge at Color Throw Down. First I stamped the image on a light yellow paper and a rose colored paper. I embossed both images to give them a dark and rich tone. I cut out just the dress from the rose paper and added it to the lighter image. Then I silhouette cut out the entire thing to put it on a little bit darker yellow. All of the papers are from My Minds Eye. I added what I thought was a clear glaze pen to the mirror, but turned out to be a white glaze pen. Happy accidents since I ended up liking the way it highlighted the mirror. I used a scallop punch for the aqua colored accent, added a paper pieced sentiment stamped from Hampton Arts, a little ribbon and hand stitched the edges of everything. Not too fancy, but very dramatic in it's colors and ambiance. Voila!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

This card is lovely...I just love it. I love the image and especially the seam in her stockings. The colors are great and I love the sentiment too....Wonderful card.