Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Day of the Dead bracelet - Crafter's Companion

I knew as soon as I saw these new stamps from Crafter's Companion that I wanted to use them to create a Day of the Dead charm bracelet.  How fun is that?

These new stamps were released recently and created by Sheena Douglas and called Day of the Dead.  I used a combination of stamps from the Floral Fiesta, Sugar Skull, and Union of the Souls sets to create this project.

I started with some ShrinkyDink material, then stamped the images on it using a permanent die ink.  I then had to figure out what to color the images with to get the most vibrant image.  I love the way the Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Colored Pencils went on so smooth.  I didn't add any water to them, just colored the images and saturated the areas with lots of pigment.  I fussy cut them, added a hole to hang it from and then used a heat tool to shrink them.  You could use the oven as suggested by ShrinkyDink, but I find a heat tool works just as well.


Then I just attached them to a chain bracelet along with some beads and trinkets.  I think it turned out adorable!!!!

Here are the Crafter's Companion supplies I used.


I think I'll toss my hat (or bracelet as the case may be) into some challenges:


Thanks for dropping in!

Hugs,
Jodi

1 comment:

Cicci said...

This so great and cool!! Love this creation!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs! Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door