Thursday, August 31, 2017

Paper Smooches - last week of guest designing

Back again today with my last (sniff sniff) card for the guest design spot with Paper Smooches.  I have had a blast working with Kim's adorable and innovative designs.  I hope it's not the last time we work together.

This card was inspired by two things - first was the wonderful Wavy Pattern Die which was a terrific way to show off the second inspiring thing - the background paper behind the die.  I created that with Distress Oxide inks and used it to pick my color pallet.  Matting layers in black help make the wavy border just pop so well.  I used the stamp from the Wavy Wishes for the sentiment and then used the Wavy Wishes Icon Die set to cut it out.  I popped it up a little then added the ribbon and bow to bring it all together.

Challenges:


I guess that's it for now - I'll still be working with tons of Paper Smooches stuff - so stay tuned for more to come!


Hugs,
Jodi

7 comments:

Jan said...

This is fabulous Jodi! Your background is filled with detail and the bold black details highlight it so beautifully and I love how you've used ribbon as an element in our sketch too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Theresa said...

love your background. and that die is fab, it really sets it off. thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD and goodluck, Theresa DT xx.

Anonymous said...

I love your wavy wishes die in the background - it creates a great interesting background. I think the blue and pink boards look great also. Chantell Just Add Ink.

Lori Turner said...

Thank you so much for sharing your card with us over at 4 Crafty Chicks...so pretty!

Lori
4 CC DT

KimB said...

What a fabulous use of bright fun colours Jodi especially accented with that great wavy black die! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Such a striking card, Jodi. The black matting definitely makes the detail in the wavy die cut pop. Love the colours and your background is stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Nandini said...

Very bold and beautiful! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. All the very best. Hope you join in again soon. Nandini, DT