Thursday, May 19, 2011

SFYTT May 2011


I found an amazing sketch over at ihearttostamp... Check it out - so versitile and easy to adapt. I needed to make a card for my mom for her birthday on Saturday and wanted it to be something special. This sketch was a great jump start to make this card tonight. I used a new Hero Arts stamp, stamped on several different patterned papers from Basic Grey. I paper pieced the flowers and slightly tolled them to give it some dimension. Added some shimmering powder on top of some glossy accents to give it some shimmer. I added a simple sentiment, again paper pieced to match the patterned papers. Other than that, lots of matted cardstock and a nice bubbly bow finishes it off. I stamped the image again on the envelope and added some similar color with my Copics to make it matching. That's probably about it for me this week. I've got birthday dinner tomorrow night and tournament with Haley this weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to retreat into my studio again soon.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: