Friday, January 20, 2012

Delicous Doodles - #11 - Winter Wonderland

It's time for another great challenge over at Delicious Doodles...and although it's nearing 60 degrees here in Colorado on this beautiful January day, I know that we are still in the middle of winter... and that any day now we will be covered in the white winter wonderland that comes so often this time of the year. That's our challenge this week - "Winter Wonderland". Teri has some amazing new images that are perfect for this challenge. I used this great one called Katarina, but she's done three in this series... Head over to the challenge blog for some awesome samples from the design team. I promise you will be inspired! Join this week for a great chance at winning some of Teri's images from Delicious Doodles.

I used a Provo Craft embossing stencil for the background of my Copic colored and fussy cut image. Then I cut a bunch of snowflakes using my Cricut. I put those on top of the embossed image to add another layer of frosty delight. They then got a little dose of glitter glue as well. The papers were just out of my scrap stash. I added some handstitching and the sentiment stamp is a Studio G dollar bin find.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Stampavie and More - #160 - Winter
Addicted to Stamps - January - Blue
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Snow
Dare to be Sassy Thursday - #108 - Winter colors
Pixie Cottage - #104 - Embossing

11 comments:

Teri said...

Excellent stuff hun, sewing too! LOL. I bought myself a sewing machine several months ago, but it is still in the box. . .hmmm. xx

TannyP said...

Holy moly - what a beauty =) Gorgeous work. I love that little ribbon treatment. Your hand stitching is lovely. Thanks for playing along with our Let It Snow Challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Marlies said...

A beautiful card with such a lovely image! I love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

Darlene said...

WOWZA Jodi ... this is AWESOME! Love your choice of colors and the design is so unique ... love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Let It Snow’ challenge and please come back again soon!

Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the stitching.

Claire xxx

Merry said...

Oh wow...that image is so lovely......great card.

Nancy said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love the stitching, the embossing, and that image is just gorgeous!!
Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!
Nancy - Pixie Cottage DT

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Jodi :)
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps for our January Blues challenge :)
hugs Mandy xx

Mary Lou said...

Wow True Beauty Jodi!!! Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage!!!
Hugz

Kathi said...

Wow, that's fantastic. Great coloring of that wonderful image!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.