Thursday, May 24, 2012

For my dad

I've been showing cards I've made for mom lately, thought I better bring out the one I made for dad's birthday as well.  I had such a blast making this one, giving him such a hard time about turning 84... In reality, he can still run circles around me and doesn't even look 70 - but of course, I had to poke a little fun at him with this one.
I got this image from Ron Leishman's great site - his images always make me giggle and he has such a great variety to chose from.  I colored it up with my Copics and I kept the card simple (I always seem to do that with "man" cards), letting the image and sentiment speak for themselves.  I believe I got this sentiment from Create with TLC (but I'm not sure).  I used some great papers from DCWV and some brads from my stash.  Didn't it turn out great?
I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenge #20 - No flowers
Simon Says Stamp - Father's Day / For the male
Make it Monday - #90 - Linky party
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - #13 - For the boys
Have an awesome day!

9 comments:

Pia S said...

What a fab image! And that sentiment makes the card real fun. Great design!
Spotted on MIM...

Cat's sCrap said...

I like your style. Wonderful realization with beautiful papers. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great card! The different layers are fabulous! And I love the sentiment :) Too funny!

Thanks for sharing with Simon Says Stamp!
-Liz

M said...

Ha, this is great, I love that old man image! M x

Torrey said...

LoVe it! I was lucky enough to actually see this one in person. Picture does NOT do it justice! Colors, patterns, layering is perfection!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Jodie .Stunning card .Love the image and all the papers . Beautiful card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

hehe what a great card Jodi! Love the sentiment it just goes perfectly with this image! Great colour choices too..it is nice to see some oranges! :)

Joanne said...

I absolutely LUV this! I laughed out loud, so cute! Great image and coloring and a super layout. FAB card! So glad you joined us at CC&CC, come back again soon! Aloha!

Kerri said...

love your cards your site is beautiful love it!!!