Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tiddly Inks Challenge Time - Make it like Pops

Oh my heavens, am I really that far behind?  I guess I am....  ugh!

This challenge was supposed to be posted a couple of days ago, but my life has taken some interesting turns lately and obviously I am a little behind.  Luckily you have two weeks to join in, so there's still plenty of time to participate in all the fun!

Our challenge this week at Tiddly Inks is an inspiration one... 



We have a great card from Pops to use for the inspiration.  

I picked a great image from the "boys" section called "Ricky - Fishing Expert".  We have a lot of fisherman in my family, so having this card in my stash will definitely come in handy some day!  I decided to use Pop's card as a sketch to follow since I loved the design so much, but you can use the colors, the image, the sketch, anything that inspires you about her card.  (For more from her, jump on over to her great blog here!)

I colored the image with my Copics, cut a cute postage stamp mat out using a Cricut cartridge, picked some papers out of my stash and stole Pops idea of making it into a simple easel card.  They are so easy to make and have such a special feel to them.  I don't do it often enough... 

Hop on over to the Tiddly Inks blog and join in the fun this challenge.  We have plenty of great cards to inspire you and there's always the opportunity of winning some great images from the store.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Inky Impressions - Use something old (old papers, old buttons)
Simon Says Stamp - What's your favorite (Copics)
Digital Tuesday - Summer lovin
Everybody Art Challenge - Anything goes
Pin and Tack - Anything goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - Anything goes
Make it Monday - Linky party
Stamps & Fun - Anything but Christmas
One Stitch at a Time - More than one fold
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Dies or punches (both used)

16 comments:

mfc.melissamade2 said...

So adorable!!
hugs
M

Janice said...

Fantastic card - great image, wonderful colouring & colours - saw it on MIM & just had to tell you how lovely it is, Jx

Sonia said...

Hi!
Great image, great colouring.. you did a beautiful creation. Great JOB!
I saw your creation at MIM.
Good Luck!
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Saw your card over at MIM and wanted to say what a gorgeous image and card you have made
Hugs Julie x

Billie A said...

Saw your beautiful card on MIM. Glad I came by. My cards are 25 & 62 if you care to come by.

mixamatoasties said...

Oh I love him. I wish I knew someone who went fishing to justify buying him!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Susan

Unknown said...

Thus is a gorgeous card for the guys, this little fella is adorable.

Thank you so much for joining us at the Crafters Bloggers Network Challenge
Claire
(CBN DT)

Chrissy said...

Fantastic card Jodi, I love the image, fabulous colouring and papers and such a great design.

Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heather said...

A fabulous card, I love your design and colours - your image is adoraable and great colouring.

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

Crafting Vicky said...

Love the colors you have chosen for this card. Really awesome.

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Karen C said...

Ahh, this turned out adorable! Perfect man/boy cad! Love all your edges and buttons! CUTE!!
Thank you for sharing with us over at One Stitch At A Time's "More Than One Fold" challenge! Hope to see you back next week!
HUGS,
Karen C

Vicky said...

A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions this week,

hugs Vicky xxx

Larissa said...

A very cute card Jodi! Love the papers, they are so perfect for a masculin card.

Hugs,
Larissa

Tonya said...

This is so adorable. I love the iamge. Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions. Good luck in the draw.

I have blog candy if you are interested.
http://aliferevamped.blogspot.com/2012/12/end-of-semester-and-holiday-blog-candy.html

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Jodi, I love the papers, the image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Oh this is so cute!! Thanks for sharing with us at Inky Impressions xx