Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New release at Tiddly Inks



There is a new release over at Tiddly Inks and I gotta tell ya, I love these girls. One of the reason I like them so much is that I actually had the opportunity to be with Christy when she was creating these. I was blown away watching the way she put them together. Amazing!!!!

For my card, I printed the image on a sheet of design paper that I had in my stash. I colored her lightly using colored pencils, then doodled the border. I added a simple sentiment stamp that seemed to fit the picture. For the background, I stippled ink through a stencil, then used some colored pencils and a white gel pen to highlight some of the stenciled areas. It's simple in design, but striking in appearance. I love the way it looks like it's right out of a book.

I will be entering this card in the following challenges:

Paper Take Weekly - Spring has sprung
Creative Card Crew - Spring
Love to Scrap - Anything goes
Paper Makeup - Anything goes
Craft Your Passion - No designer papers

10 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is fabulous, Jodi! Very creative design and terrific coloring! Love it!

BrendaB said...

I love the way you stamped and colored on the patterned paper -this is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap

Courtney C said...

I LOVE this card! beautiful! :D

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

amazing card!!!

Hristovica said...

Very interesting card! Fabulous colors and wonderful Elements. I like this unusual look at the spring.
Thank you for participating in our challenge at Creative Card Crew.
Adriana DT

Unknown said...

This is so cool - love this media, stamp and your design! Great colors...
Have an amazing day!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jodi :-) the image is lovely and I love the whole arty look of this ! FAB :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I love this!!! It's rustic looking and beautiful! The image on the printed paper is great! Love how you doodle around the card...makes it unique. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Aluna said...

Fabulous card. I like background and coloring. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good Luck, Joanna DT

The Craft Bucket said...

Absolutely fabulous, this one is definitely in my basket! Jane x