Thursday, July 8, 2010

Color Throwdown 100


I've been so excited for some time to work on this challenge... I've been visiting all the blogs and have been so impressed by all the talent and inspiration. I found that I loved these colors but had a hard time finding any patterned papers that really showcased all of them. I was glad when I finally found this dotted paper with all the colors so nicely done.
I tried a new technique on the coloring of my stamps. I used a blender pen to pick up just a bit of ink from some chalk ink pads. At first the ink was dark and bold but as you worked it more, it became muted and lighter. A nice technique for a quick coloring job on small areas. Tried it on a larger area and it didn't work as well.... Live and learn, right? That's what it's all about!

9 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

What a fun card!! I just love those shoes!! And the sentiment is super cute too! Great one!

Thanks for playing along!

Carol L said...

Your shoes turned out so stinkin' cute, I love them! Thanks for giving the CTD a shot and playing along - you did good :)

dj said...

love love love it....those shoes are just too cute...perfect background paper as well...Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Sylvia said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love this card! Thanks for playing CTD! Your card made me smile today!

Michele Gross said...

I just love this!!! The layout, the colors but mostly those darling DeNami Design shoes!!! I heart this card :)

Michele Gross said...

Me again! :) Did you know there is a fun color challenge on the DeNami Design blog right now? Still a few days left to play ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! This card is so super cute!!!
I love how you used the DeNami shoes. You made the images work so great with the color scheme! Love it!

Laura Pryor said...

This is a really fun card! What gal doesn't love cute shoes even in stamps! That layout is fab too! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh wow - this is gorgeous - those colors just pop SO MUCH! I love the big overlapping circles & the finial-like bottom panel - so cool!