Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Dicken's Christmas stamp release - Copic Marker Scrapbooking



Over at Copic Marker Scrapbooking, the amazing and talented Guy Gondron is back with an awesome set of Christmas stamps. A Dicken's Christmas set includes a bunch of wonderfully illustrated images from this tale's of Christmas, past, present, future. Head over to Making Our Mark blog to see the design team's take on the images, plus you can even pick one of them up for FREE to wish you a Merry Christmas from Colleen and Guy!


I went a little bit different on my cards for this one - My "Frosty" card was just a creative jolt that hit me when I looked at the image. I made the old-fashion postcard, just using some old wooden stamps I had in my collection. Then the hat was colored with, of course, my Copics. I created the sentiment and water pool just using my computer and freehand. I added some crystal lacquer to the silk ribbon on his hat and the water, postage stamp cut it out and added it to the postcard. I think it will make my favorite aunt smile when she opens it up this year!


I colored the candle/lamp image before I even knew what I wanted to do with it... Then the biblical reference of the Psalm scripture kept resonating in my head. Well, I've learned over the years that isn't just a coincidence - that's the still small voice! So, that became the sentiment for my card. A simple layout, some homemade flowers and the image all stood so beautifully on the flocked cream and white background. This too will find it's way into the hands of a loved one.


Don't forget to head over to Making Our Mark to check out the other eye candy and pick up your freebie. I know you'll need the entire set after you see the detail Guy uses on his illustrations.


I would like to enter the Frosty card in the following challenges:


Catch the Bug Challenge - Baby it's cold outside

DYSU Challenge #50 - Winter

Charisma Cardz Challenge - #49 - Last minute xmas makes

Paper Sundaes - #99 - Anything Christmas

InkImpressions - #37 - Winter fun


Thanks for stopping by - hope your week is full of holiday cheer!

10 comments:

Em said...

Nice cards! I like the 2nd one especially! The flowers are beautiful too!

Hazel said...

Hi Jodi

What a wonderful card - I love it.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

Hazel x

Scrappy said...

What beautiful cards! So glad you were able to join us this week at Catch the Bug! We hope you'll be able to join us again soon!

Alli Devine said...

Loving the frosty card made me giggle when I read it, great humour.

Merry Christmas
Alli
http://allidcards.blogspot.com/

Pauline said...

Fab cards, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

WencheP said...

Fabulous cards. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Joey said...

Fabulous cards, I just love love the top one, what a great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey x

Gram's Treasures said...

Lovely cards, beautiful colouring and great designs. Merry Christmas and thank you for joining us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!

Clare Brown said...

just fabulous the first one made me giggle.Merry christmas and goodluck over at charisma

Naomi said...

Oh, WOW, AWESOME cards! I LOVE those die-cut flowers and pearls! Thanks for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

Happy Holidays,
Naomi
xoxo