Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tiddly Inks Challenge Time

I love technique challenges - it makes me a better card maker to be challenged to try something new.  This week our challenge at Tiddly Inks is to use a technique of stitching, distressing or embossing.  Now I emboss all the time, but this time around I wanted to take it to a new level...

Each colored layer is embossed with a different embossing folder...but I also added ink to the folder before I ran it through my Wizard...  This gives it a faux letter press effect that I just love.  Sometimes the raised portion is very white and other times it comes out more muted, but either way it comes out pretty darn coolio.

I inked up this adorable image called Sugar Plum Fairy and then just started layering.  The frame came from a Paper Studio embossing folder and the rest are all Provo Craft ones.  I found these great little clear flat-sided acrylic pebbles that I spread all over the place, held down with a purple stickles for color.  A bright purple bow and a simple sentiment completes the card.

Come join the fun at Tiddly Inks - you could win some great images!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Make it Monday - Linky party
V's Sweet Ideas - Anything goes
Paper Makeup Stamps - Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Melonhead Friends - Make it girly
Craft Creations - For the girls
Pause, Dream, Enjoy - Dew drops
Dustin Pike - Girly card

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, not only is your card just beautiful I LOVE your embossing technique!

Danni said...

So pretty! Love the colors you used on the sweet fairy!

Unknown said...

This is super pretty Jodi! Love how you've embossed each piece differently and your colouring is beautiful! I popped over from MIM to take a closer peep - so glad I did :)
Hugs, Tracey x

Unknown said...

This is great! Thanks for playing at MIM. I have blog candy if you're interested. I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

Candy C said...

Jodi...your card is so cute. I love all of your different embossed layers. Your shades of purple are so pretty together. I also love your colored Sugar Plum Fairy in the center of the Paper Studio folder. Very cute design. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, beautifully coloured image and card colour, thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network challenge and good luck.

Sylvia xx
CBN Design Team

Sheila said...

Super card, love the embossing and cute image. Thank you for joining in my challenge, good luck x

gRiSeL™ said...

This is very elegant and pretty. LOVE all the gems and the pretty bow! The embossing is also FAB! Thanks for playing along w/us at V's Sweet challenge! (:

Anita said...

Super cute! I love purple and bling.
Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz challenge.

Barbara Bruder said...

What a great fairy image. Great coloring and I love all the different embossed layers you've used.Thanks for joining us at Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenges this month.
Barbara - SNSCC coordin

Unknown said...

Not only do I LOVE this image Jodi, I am IN LOVE with your stunning colouring! This card is absolutely amazing and I love all the detail and work you have put into it!! Beautiful work honey!! Xx

Sandy said...

Fab image and colouring and love your gorgeous layout too. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday
Hugs,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing along with Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!
<3 Pam, PDE DT

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image.

Big congrats on becoming a grandmother, it really is the best feeling hun you are going to absolutely love it. I've got my grandaughter tomorrow for the weekend, we love having her.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Ger said...

Lovely image and card. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT