Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Guest Designer - Paper Smooches



Wooohooo!  I can finally share with you some of the cards I created as a guest designer for the wonderful Kim Hughes at Paper Smooches!  This is only the first week of August and I'm already enjoying this so much.  The stamps and dies she designs make it so easy to create and are so unique to work with.  You gotta go check out the August release here.

For the first card I used the Unicorn die, but didn't use the horn which is separate from the body - great way to make it into something else and double the use of the die.  I decided it looked like a zebra to me and all it took was a few pen strokes to make that happen.  I used a sentiment from the Magical Sampler and the Banner Dies to create the simple sentiment on top.  Didn't it turn out adorable?

On the second card I water colored the background using Brushos, then stamped the sentiment directly on the background.  It's from the Wavy Wishes set.  Then I die cut some flower rings from the Flower Frame Set which also had heart die cut.  It came together so easily and turned out vibrant and cheery for sure.

Head on over to the Paper Smooches site to find all of the great dies and stamps included in the August release!

I would like to enter the Zebra card in the following challenges:

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - anything goes
Little Red Wagon - favorite products
A Bit More Time to Craft - anything goes
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
Crafty Creations Challenge - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by - come back soon for more from my time with Paper Smooches!

Hugs,
Jodi

6 comments:

Lola said...

Adorable cards. And yes, he makes the perfect zebra!

M said...

Wonderful cards!!! Love that they are so different :) Thanks for joining the girlfriends this week at Little Red Wagon!! :)

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 340 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

~ginny said...

What an eye catcher Jodi! Very cool Zebra card!
~ginny
RubberMAD

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge.

Helen x

Kristina said...

I LOVE the zebra card - probably myfave today in my internet travels. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us over at the Crafty Creations Challenges Blog.
Kristina DT

Crafty Creations Challenges Blog
Cards by Kristina