Monday, August 21, 2017

Paper Smooches - Christmas lights


Back today with a quick share for Paper Smooches.  I am having a blast guest designing for them this month including this fun Christmas card I created using their Wavy Wishes stamp set.  I actually also used the Wavy Pattern dies set as a template to draw the fun wavy design my lights hang off of.  I was inspired by the shape and thought it made a good platform to hang the lights on.

The lights are stamped and then colored with my Copics.  I also used a fine glitter pen to add some shimmer on them.  I am not exactly sure why, but I fussy cut them and then glued them all done on the card --- then realized I should have just stamped them directly on the card.  Silly woman!  I added some crystal lacquer to each one to make them shine.   I used the same stamp set to add the holly leafs and the stamped sentiment.  Then a few patterned paper layers complete the card.

Challenges for this card:


Hope you enjoyed my share today.  Don't forget to head over the Paper Smooches site to check out all the August release... and rumor has it there is a big blog hop coming up as well.  Lots of inspiration headed your way.

Hugs,
Jodi

5 comments:

Lola said...

This is quite pretty and oh so festive.

brenda said...

An awful lot of intricate cutting there but it's made a super creation and clever adding the glitter as they really do appear as though they were lit up, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Hazel said...

Sorry I’m late commenting. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 342 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too x

Joan said...

A super card, what patience to fussy cut all those lights but I love the effect

Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Marlies said...

A fantastic Christmas card. Lovely lights and the glitters have a great effect. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations. Marlies