Monday, November 30, 2015

Thinking of You - Crafter's Companion


Back on this beautiful, snowy and cold Monday to share with you a sweet card I made using the Crafter's Companion die cut from Die'sire Create-A-Card called Thank You.    I actually die cut it eight times in black.  I cut out the words from each one, and then layered them on top of a whole one.  I finished it off with the word cut in an elegant printed patterned paper.  Added a few sequins, pearls and a nice ribbon to finish it off.  Easy but very elegant way to let the die cut do all the work.

After I finished, my ever-so-smart friend Torrey from Left Field Studio, told me she has seen this technique done but just die cutting the part you want popped off in heavy thick craft foam.  It acts as the spacer instead of all the layers... Duh, Jodi!  Why didn't I think of that.

Either way, I love the way this turned out.  My daughter already grabbed it and dubbed it hers!  So, I must have done something right!


Just a quick couple of detail shots to show the dimension that the first photo lacked.  It's a great technique to pop off some element.

Think I'll throw this card into some challenges:

Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Fussy and Fancy - words
Crafty Gals Corner - anything goes

Happy Monday -

Hugs,
Jodi

No comments: